With the wide array of tablets available on the market, it's difficult to choose a single tablet as our recommended device, but we can offer recommended hardware and software specs that you should consider when purchasing a tablet to operate Measure Mobile. We also do not recommend investing in any device that was released longer than 18 months ago. Please see these recommendations below:
- 2 GB RAM or greater
- 1.8 GHz CPU or greater
- iOS 13.0 or newer
For optimal performance, we recommend purchasing an iPad Pro 11", iPad Air 3 or the latest Ipad (6th Generation). Below that, the 2018 Ipad (5th Generation) meets minimum specifications for iOS devices. See this Performance Chart for more information about iOS performance across their different models.
- 4 GB RAM or greater
- 2.15 GHz CPU or greater
- OS 8.0 or newer
The wide range of Android devices available make it difficult to identify just one or two as the obvious choice, but in general we recommend staying away from budget tablets - even if they are from well known brands such as Samsung and LG. A business class Android tablet such as the Samsung Tab S3 will generally start in the $500 range and up.
See this Performance Chart for more information about Android performance.
- 8 GB RAM or greater
- i5 Processor or greater (See comparable processors)
- Windows 10 Operating System
Note: The Measure Mobile app for Windows has a number of limitations that are related to the Windows mobile platform. Among these are:
- No support for 3D scene view or walkthroughs
- Limited apps available to share the Proposal or Installation document to
- No support for printing directly from the app
- Emailing the Proposal or Installation document requires that Windows "Mail" app be set as the default e-mail application (See our Help Article: How to email a PDF from my Windows tablet)
Unsupported Operating Systems:
- MacOS (Apple Desktop computers and laptops)
- ChromeOS (Google Chromebooks)
- Windows on ARM processors (Windows Surface Pro X or Windows Surface Go)