Insert Point is an advanced tool that allows you to modify the shape of an existing room.
Points are automatically generated on each corner of a square or rectangular room and each time the mouse is clicked while plotting a room with the Right Angle or Polygon drawing tools. Points are also created while cutting a hole in a room, and these follow the same rules as above based on which hole tool is in use.
Half-way between each point is a handle. Handles and points are the primary means by which the shape of an existing room can be adjusted. This is done with the Select tool by clicking on a point or handle and dragging it in the desired direction.
- Click on a room to select it.
- Click on the Insert Point button in the Edge group under the Home tab of the Ribbon bar. The mouse cursor will change to .
- Move the cursor along the edges of the room. Dimensions will be shown to aid in placing the point. Click on the desired location to insert the new point.
- Repeat step 3 for as many points as you need to add.
- Press the Escape key on the keyboard or choose another tool from the ribbon bar to stop inserting points.