Rectangular room drawing tool.
The Rectangle tool is used to draw rectangular rooms on your floor plan. The rectangle button in the Bar is a divided button. Clicking on the main part of the button with the square icon allows you to select the rectangle tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the square icon displays a dropdown menu with two choices:
- Rectangle: This select the Rectangle tool and is equivalent to clicking on the main part of the button
- Diagonal Rectangle: This tool allows you to draw diamond shaped rooms.
- Click on the Rectangle button located under the Draw section in the Home tab of the Ribbon bar. The mouse arrow will change to a cross and square icon.
- Click in one corner of the room.
- Move the mouse to the opposite corner and click in that corner to close the room.