Draw diamond-shaped rooms (rectangular rooms drawn at an angle.)
The Diagonal Rectangle tool is used to draw rectangular rooms at any angle on your floor plan.
The Rectangle button in the Ribbon Bar is a divided button. Clicking on the main part of the button with the square icon allows you to select the Rectangle tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the square icon displays a dropdown menu with two choices:
- Rectangle: This selects the Rectangle tool and is equivalent to clicking on the main part of the Rectangle button.
- Diagonal Rectangle: This tool allows you to draw diamond-shaped rooms.
- Click on the down arrow on the right side of the Rectangle button located under the Draw group of the Home tab in the Ribbon Bar.
- Select Diagonal Rectangle from the dropdown menu.
- Click at one end of one of the walls on your floor plan.
- Move the mouse arrow to the opposite end of the wall being drawn. The length of the wall and the angle being drawn will be displayed. Click on the opposite end of the wall to draw the first wall.
- Move the mouse arrow along the wall perpendicular to the first wall that was drawn and click in the far corner to close the diamond-shaped room.