Draw straight walls at 45° or 90° angles to create rooms.
This tool allows you to quickly draw straight walls to form rooms. As you click and drag, a straight line is drawn from your starting point to your end point. This tool differs from the Polygon Tool in that it can not draw lines at angles other than 45° or 90° unless you hold down the Shift key on your keyboard.
The Right Angle drawing tool is a divided button. Clicking on the main part of the button with the right angle icon allows you to select that main drawing tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the icon reveals two choices:
- Right Angle
- Diagonal Right Angle
- Click on the Home tab of the Ribbon Bar. In the Draw group, click on the Right Angle button or click on the down arrow next to it and select Right Angle from the drop down menu.
- The mouse arrow will change to cross hairs showing 90° angles and dotted lines showing 45° angles. Click on the grid in the drawing area in one corner of the room you want to draw.
- Move the mouse arrow to the length desired for the wall.
- Click the mouse button and the wall is drawn.
- Continue moving the mouse arrow to the next corner to draw additional walls.
- Move back to the starting point and click to finish the room. You can also click on Close Room to drawn the last wall automatically.
Tip: Pressing the Shift key on the keyboard while drawing will turn off the snapping to 45° or 90° angles so any angle may be drawn. Release the Shift key to resume snapping to 45° or 90° angles.
Tip: Use the Close Room tool to draw the final wall of the room.