The Elliptical Hole tool offers four options for creating holes in rooms.
Clicking on the tool icon selects the Elliptical Hole tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the icon gives the options for: Elliptical Hole, Filled Elliptical Hole, 5-point Elliptical Hole, and 5-point Filled Elliptical Hole.
Elliptical Hole - Filled
Elliptical Hole Tool
1. Select a room then select the Elliptical Hole tool. If you want the Filled Elliptical Hole tool, click the down arrow to the right of the Elliptical Hole tool icon and select it from the list.
2. Use the red guide lines to accurately locate the position where the center of the hole should be placed. Left-click to place the start point.
Press F6 to move the aligning measurements to the next wall going clockwise around the room. Press the F7 key to move to counter-clockwise.
3. Drag the cursor outward to expand the hole. Use the measurements to ensure accuracy.
Hold down the Shift key while drawing an elliptical hole to lock the aspect ratio and maintain a perfect circle.
5. Left-click a second time to create the hole.
5-Point Elliptical Hole Tool
1. Select a room then select the 5-Point Elliptical Hole tool by clicking the down arrow to the right of the Elliptical Hole tool.
3. Begin outlining the hole by left-clicking to place four points around the perimeter.
4. The fifth point that you place will enable an outline of the ellipse along with guide measurements. This step allows you to fine-tune the exact shape of the hole.
5. Click a second time to create the hole.