Ability to assign products and services to a common Line Group. The purpose of these line groups are:
- Line items that belong to this line group can be sorted together on the worksheet
- If exporting to RFMS Order Entry, these Line Groups should be exported as the Line Group on each line.
- If exporting to RFMS BidPro, these Line Groups should be exported as Print Groups for the purpose of producing a bidpro estimate that follows the same sort order.
Workflow proposal for this concept of Assign Products and Services to a Product Group:
- Allow the association of a product in the Measure Product List with a Product Group. If the Measure user is connected to an RFMS user, allow the user to pull from the list of Line Groups in RFMS when assigning this value. This line group field would be a new field in the Measure Product list, and maintained per project.
- When a product has this value assigned to it, the following would happen by default:
- Line Items will either be grouped by this value on the worksheet, or this type of sorting would be allowable (the Line Group field would be visible and editable on the worksheet)
- When exporting to BidPro, Print Groups would be populated with the Line Group value. Unfortunately, at this time there are no plans to maintain this when exporting the BidPro Estimate to Order Entry
- When exporting to Order Entry, the Line Group field would be populated this Line Group value set in Measure Desktop
Please sign in to leave a comment.