I frequently use advanced calculations to get more accurate quantities from Measure (for sundry and labor items), but some operations don't seem to calculate. Here is an example:
Adding Crack Isolation to my bid
- Using the lines tool I draw a line from point A to point B
- In the lines properties box I add a product from misc category called Crack ISO Memb
- I have add-ons programmed to this product to cover material and labor
- The first add-on in the image above is labor which simply uses the perimeter, selected segments property to get the line length. This successfully gets the correct linear dimension.
- the second is the membrane material which is a 3' wide roll. We stock it so I sell it by the SF
- My advanced calc formula is essentially this, "Length x 3", however, as can be seen in the image above, it simply returns the length of the line - Incorrect! The operation "...x 3" appears to be completely ignored. Why?
- I've tried using the following properties in this formula all with the same incorrect result
- Both of these properties will successfully get the correct linear total. The failure appears to be in the operation.
- I've even tried this...
- Yet somehow I still get the same incorrect result...
This issue affects me daily in that every bid prepared by Measure contains certain items that I have to manually calculate and or edit after export to bid pro. This defeats the purpose of using the software Please fix this issue!
Please sign in to leave a comment.