This is an advanced feature that allows you to create custom patterns using both rectangular and non-rectangular tiles. Once a pattern is completed, it is added to your Quick Tile library for future use.
These custom patterns can be used for entire rooms, material areas, borders, and walls.
Note: Custom Tile Patterns are only available in the Premier edition of Measure.
How to Create Custom Patterns
The Custom Patterns feature offers multiple tools for you combine custom shapes into a pattern.
Insert a Shape
These general shapes are defined by generic units, not actual measurements. The actual measurements of the tile pieces can be added later in the process or when using the pattern in a room.
Tip: While dragging corners, angle values will be displayed. These will snap to increments of 15 degrees. Press and hold the Ctrl key to snap in increments of 2.5 degrees.
Add/Manage Custom Shapes
After creating a custom shape you can choose to add it to a custom shape library. This will make it easier to create patterns that require multiple instances of the shape.
To Rotate a Shape
Flip a Shape/Design
1. Select shape.
2. Click the Flip button
3. The entire design will flip vertically.
|Create a Rhombus
|Delete a Shape
- Draw one instance of the pattern. The numbers shown when adjusting shapes are for a general ratio of the shape not exact tile measurements.
Example: The tiles in the image below could be 1x4, 2x8, 4x16 etc. and the created pattern would be the same.
- Choose a pattern if more than one option is available.
- Set size for each edge of the pattern. Enable the checkbox at the bottom of the window if you prefer to define the size each time the pattern is applied to a room.
- Set the size of the principal side. All other edges will be adjusted proportionately to this side.
- Name the pattern and select Finish.