Project Settings: Estimating
Seam and Cut Estimating Options
- Seam distance from transition: The minimum distance seams should be kept from transitions in the default seam layout Measure creates. This does not restrict users from placing seams closer.
- Butt seam drop distance
- Choose whether or not butt seams should be staggered.
- Options: Off, 1/2, 1/3, 1/4, or Alternate
- Default number of t-seams: Each roll product in the Product List can be assigned a maximum number of t-seams allowed per room. This setting controls whether that parameter is used or not.
- If set to "None", Measure will not place any t-seams in its default layout.
- "Maximum for material" will always use as many t-seams as each product's "max t-seam" setting allows.
- Thin neck threshold: This control governs the threshold at which Measure generates t-seams in narrow portions of a room.
- Seam visibility
- Choose whether seams should be visible at all times or only when the Seams tab of the Ribbon Bar is active.
- Minimum t-seam size
- Designate the minimum width allowable for t-seams generate by Measure. This setting does limit the width of user-created t-seams.
- Seams on pattern boundaries
- When this setting is enabled, seams will only be generated on pattern boundaries. If it's disabled then Measure will be able to place seams anywhere.
- Width to use for roll quantity
- Roll goods in the Product List have two width parameters: Display Width and Estimating Width. This setting allows users to control which width parameter is used for estimating.
- Minimum cut width
- Set a lower limit for the width of cuts.
- Maximum cut length
- Set an upper limit for the length of cuts.
- Label cuts as
- Choose whether individual cuts should be labeled with letters or numbers.
- Extends through doorways
- When a transition is created and its "Extend through doorway" option is enabled, the material will extend by the amount entered in this field.
Measure Allocation Performance Setting
- Yield Efficiency vs. Calculation Time
- Slide the control to the left for faster calculations but higher waste. Slide to the right for more efficient use of materials at the cost of longer calculation time.
- Majority of fills at end of roll
- When this setting is enabled Measure will try to place the majority of small fill pieces at the very end of the roll while keeping larger cuts toward the start.
Roll Product Estimating Options
- Default standard roll length
- Set the length of the rolls Measure creates when specific, user-defined rolls are not being used.
- Pattern repeat at start of roll
- When this setting is enabled and patterned roll goods are in use, Measure will create a span of waste at the beginning of each roll equivalent to the length of one instance of the pattern.
- Cut gap at end of roll
- When enabled, a single instance of a product's cut gap will be placed at the end of each roll.
- Leave waste at end of rolls
- Never: Unused material at the end of a roll will not contribute to the material's waste factor.
- All but last: Unused material at the end of a roll will contribute to the material's waste factor on all but the last roll.
- Whenever more than one: Unused material at the end of a roll will contribute to the material's waste factor if more than one roll is in use on the project.
Tile Product Estimating Options
- Default Tile Calculation Method
- Select which tile calculation method should be used by default in rooms containing tile. This can be overridden on a per-room basis.
Have more questions? Submit a request