This tool is only in versions of the software older than 17.0
Even up the alignment of selected rooms, or places of a specified distance apart from each other.
The Align Rooms tool can be used to move rooms drawn by hand so they are positioned correctly on the floor plan. Rooms must be aligned for roll or tile patterns to match. It allows you to quickly draw rooms in the drawing area of the Measure window without having to precisely locate each room. After drawing the rooms, you can go back and align them using this tool.
- Right-click on the room to which a second room is to be aligned.
- Right-click on a point or handle along the side of the room. (A point is a red triangle and a handle is a red square.) This is the position where the second room will be aligned.
- Click on the Align Rooms tool or press the F5 key.
- The cursor changes to a pointer and two little boxes.
- Move the cursor over the second room. Right-click to select the second room.
- Right-click on a point or handled along the side of the second room. This point will align to the first room point selected.
- The second room is moved to the first room and is aligned, point-to-point or handle-to-handle. To move the second room a set distance from the first room, click and drag the second room while the cursor is still showing the arrow with the two little boxes (Align Mode).
- As you drag the second room, the exact distance is displayed with a red dashed line. When you get the second room to the precise distance needed from the first room, release the mouse and the room is moved.
- Click outside of the rooms to exit Align Mode.
Keyboard Shortcut: F5 Key
- Rooms must be aligned for roll or tile patterns to match.
- You can right-click to select objects on the screen and prevent accidentally changing a room dimension or unintentionally moving a room.