The Transition tool is used to add doorways and widows to drawing. Clicking on the tool icon will select the Single Transition tool. Clicking on the arrow to the right of the icon gives you the option for the Multiple Transition tool.
Transition Editor Dialog
Choose a product to be applied to the transition, such as Reducer.
Only products sold by a linear unit of measure can be used as a transition product. Cannot sell by the EA unit.
Distance relative to corner of room.
Note: This is a deprecated feature. The recommended way to move a transition is to use the Select tool to drag it to a new location in the room.
Define the length of the transition. Adjusting length will also adjust the width of the punch-out to match.
Create an opening in a wall corresponding to the location of a transition.
- Punch-out Height
- Set the height for an opening in a wall corresponding to the location of a transition.
- Punch-out Distance from Floor
- Set distance from floor when using the transition editor to indicate a window.
This option will not be available unless Window is selected in the Style field.
- Transition Shared Across Rooms
- Selecting this option will share the transition across two adjoining rooms. The blue arrows as seen to the right indicate that the transition is shared across two rooms.
- Product Extends Through
- Selecting this option will indicate that the product in the room extends through the doorway/opening. Define how far the product extends by going to File > Measure Options > Estimating and entering a length in the "Extends through doorway" field.
Using the Single Transition Tool
1. Click on a room to select it.
2. Select the Single Transition tool.
3. A red dot will appear on one side of the room. It will move along the sides of the room as you move your mouse. Use the red measurements displayed on either side of the dot to guide your placement. Click to place the starting point for the transition.
4. Another red dot will appear along with a measurement to indicate the distance between the starting point and the end point. Click to place the end point of the transition.
The transition will be placed and the Transition Editor dialog box will open.
5. Use the Transition Editor to set various attributes belonging to the transition you just created. These include Product Type, Style and Length.
6. Click OK to save the transition.
Using the Multiple Transition Tool
1. Select the Multiple Transitions tool.
2. Set the transition attributes. This include Product Type, Style and Length. These attributes apply to all transitions.
3. Select the room in which you would like to place a transition.
4. There will be a red dot placed along the side the room. Move your mouse to move the red dot to any position along the sides of the room. Left-click to apply the transition. The transition will be placed clockwise from the position of the dot.
5. Continue select rooms and adding transitions or select Done in the bottom right of the Multiple Transitions dialog box.