Scaling blueprints can be done during or after the import process. Either way the options and steps are the same.
If you have already imported a blueprint and want to adjust the scale use the Scale tool located under the Blueprint tab.
If you rescale a blueprint that you already have drawn rooms on, you will need to rescale those rooms using the Rescale Drawing tool.
Only available in the Premier edition of Measure.
Before you begin tracing over an image, find a known dimension and check it with the Measuring Tape tool. If the dimension is not correct then you will need to use this tool to reset the scale.
Tip: On projects with more than one image per sheet, be sure to select the one you want to scale.
Under the Blueprint tab of the Ribbon bar, click on the Scale Graphics button in the Image group. The Scale Graphics dialog will appear. The size and resolution of the imported file will be displayed. If the scale of the imported blueprint is known, it can be selected under Width and Height. Otherwise follow these steps to set a manual scale:
1. Click on the Measure... button in the lower left corner of the Scale Graphics dialog.
|2. A message will appear describing how to set the manual scale. Click on OK.
3. Left click at the exact point where the chosen dimension starts. Move to the opposite end of the chosen dimension. A red dashed line will appear along with the angle and length based on the current scale. This line may be drawn at any angle.
Tip: The longer the line the more accurate the scale will be.
|4. Left click again to finish drawing the line. The Scale Graphic dialog box will appear again.
5. Enter the dimension for the line you've just drawn in the Drawing units box under Width or Height. In our example, the length of the measuring line drawn should be 46'.
|6. Click on OK to save your changes.
Be sure to double-check dimensions on the image with the Measuring Tape tool any time the scale has been adjusted. Once you have confirmed that it is accurate, use the room drawing tools to begin tracing each room.
Both the Scale Graphics or Import Graphics dialog boxes give the option to:
If You Know the Scale
Use the options in the dropdown boxes of the Scale section to set it for the width and height of the image.
If You Want to Customize the Scale
If the option you are looking for is not in the dropdown box you can also choose to set custom scale for the width and height.
If You Need to Manually Set a Scale
Setting the scale manually involves drawing a line on the blueprint and then specifying how long that line should be in real units.
1. Select the Set Manual Scale... button.
2. Left click once at a start point and then again at an end point. A dotted red guide line will appear as you're drawing.
The longer the line used the more accurate the scaling will be.
3. Enter the length of the measured distance in the box that pops us. Click OK.
4. Click OK to apply changes to the blueprint.