Import blueprints (PDF, CAD, and other formats) that can be used for tracing flooring areas with Measure's drawing tools.
Measure supports many types of electronic blueprint files. The most common file formats are PDF, CAD (*.dwf; *.dwg; *.dxf), TIFF, and JPEG.
When you import a multi-page PDF, this Select Page to Import Dialog will be presented:
The purpose of this dialog is to allow you to indicate which pages you would like to import into Measure.
- The check boxes at the left allow you to make this selection. In the above case, the PDF has two pages, and the user has chosen to import the second page only.
- By clicking on the page numbers on the left, you may also indicate which page to display in the preview window on the right. There may be a slight delay in displaying the page, as the system has to render it in the preview area.
- The Select All and Select None buttons allow you to quickly select and deselect all the pages in the PDF document.
- Once you press OK, the system will display the Import Graphics dialog box which allows you to specify how to import the selected pages. The options you select here will be applied to all imported images.
- The Place images on separate sheets checkbox causes each imported page to be placed on a separate sheet in your Measure job. If you deselect this checkbox, all imported pages from the PDF file will be placed on the same sheet. (Warning: Importing more than 2 or 3 images to a sheet can cause sluggish behavior and poor performance.)
For more information on importing images, see the article Import Blueprints.
- From the Navigation bar select the Import Blueprint button, .
The Windows Open dialog box will appear.
(Alternatively, you may select the Blueprint tab in the Ribbon Bar and from the Import group, select to Import Image, Import CAD, or Scan Image.)
- Navigate to the location of the blueprint file and select it.
- Click on Open.
- The Open dialog will then close and the Import Graphics dialog will open.
- A: Select the pages you want to import
B: Select the image quality. Keep in mind higher image quality require more memory and storage space and may impact your workstations performance.
PDF, CAD, TIFF
The checkbox will keep the original quality. Unchecking this box will allow you to set the image quality using the slider.
Use the slider to adjust image quality.
The farther the slider is to the right the sharper the image will be.
- C: Set the scale. If you need to set the scale manually please see the article Scaling Imported Blueprints.
- D: Choose to set one scale for all pages or select each and set their scale individually.
- E: Choose to place pages on separate sheets or not.
- F: If needed you can rotate, flip, shear, or crop blueprint pages from here as well.