Quick Rooms are predefined room shapes in specific sizes. When you click on the Quick Room button, a gallery of Quick Rooms appears that you can select from. Once a Quick Room is selected, you can then place it on your floor plan.
You may add your own Quick Rooms to the Gallery and manage the existing Quick Rooms.
Note: Quick Room libraries are saved as a User Setting so they will be available for any estimate you are working on under your username.
Using Quick Rooms
- Click on the Quick Room button in the Draw group under the Home tab of the Ribbon bar to access a gallery of pre-drawn shapes.
- Select one of the Quick Room shapes and the cursor will change to a four-headed arrow in the center of a dashed red outline of the selected Quick Room.
- Click on your floor plan where you wish to place the Quick Room.
- After placing the Quick Room, you can click in the middle of the room and then drag it to move it on the floor plan.
- The room shape can be resized or edited by clicking and dragging each edge, or you can click on an edge and change its length using the Keypad.
- Keypad adjustments will follow the Line Arrow of the selected edge.
Add to Quick Rooms
Use this option to add frequently used room shapes/sizes to your Quick Room library.
- Click on the room to select it and click on the Quick Room button in the Draw group under the Home tab of the Ribbon bar. Below the Quick Room library, click on Add Selected Room to Quick Rooms.
- The Quick Rooms dialog will open. The newly added room will be highlighted. You may click on OK to save this room to the Quick Rooms list. If you wish to rename the room before saving, click in the text box below the gallery and edit the default room name.
- Once you are finished, click the OK button to save the changes.
Manage Quick Rooms
Use this option to delete, reorder or rename existing rooms in the Quick Room library.
Deleting Quick Rooms
Click on the Quick Room you wish to delete and then click on the Delete button. The Quick Room you have selected will be immediately deleted without a confirmation window. If you accidentally delete a Quick Room, you can click on the Cancel button to cancel any changes you have made to the Quick Room gallery and recover the deleted Quick Room.
Reordering Quick Rooms
Click on the room you wish to move and drag it to a new position in the gallery.
Renaming Quick Rooms
Click on the room you wish to rename. The name of the room will appear in the text box under the gallery. Click on the text box to edit the name.
Save Your Changes
After making your changes, click on the OK button. Any changes will be saved as a user setting so they are available in all of your Measure estimates.
Please sign in to leave a comment.