The Rectangle tool is used to draw rectangular rooms on your floor plan. Clicking on the tool icon selects the Rectangle tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the icon gives the option for the Diagonal Rectangle tool.
Use this tool when drawing square or rectangular rooms.
- Select the Rectangle tool.
- Left-click in one corner of the room.
- Move the mouse to the opposite corner and left-click in that corner to close the room.
Diagonal Rectangle Tool
Use this tool when drawing square or rectangular rooms on an angle.
- Click on the down arrow on the right side of the Rectangle button located under the Draw group of the Home tab in the Ribbon Bar.
- Select Diagonal Rectangle from the dropdown menu.
- Click at one end of one of the walls on your floor plan.
- Move the mouse arrow to the opposite end of the wall being drawn. The length of the wall and the angle being drawn will be displayed. Click on the opposite end of the wall to draw the first wall.
- Move the mouse arrow along the wall perpendicular to the first wall that was drawn and click in the far corner to close the diamond-shaped room.