This tool allows you to quickly draw straight walls at 45° or 90° angles to create rooms. Clicking the tool icon selects the Right Angle tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the icon give the option for the Diagonal Right Angle tool.
Using an older version of Measure?
Right Angle Tool
Use this tool to draw room shapes with 45° or 90° angles.
- Select the Right Angle tool.
- The mouse arrow will change to cross hairs showing 90° angles and dotted lines showing 45° angles. Left-click in one corner of the room you want to draw.
- Move the mouse arrow to the length desired for the wall.
- Left-click again to draw the wall.
- Continue drawing and left-clicking to place points around the room.
- Move back to the starting point, using the green guidelines, and click to finish the room. You can also click on Close Room to drawn the last wall automatically.
Diagonal Right Angle Tool
Use this tool when you need to draw rooms on an angle.
- Click at one end of one of the walls.
- Move the mouse arrow to the opposite corner of the wall being drawn. The length of the wall and the angle being drawn will be displayed.
- Click in the opposite corner of the wall to draw the first wall.
- Click on the corner of the next wall. Continue moving around the room, clicking in the corner of each room until the room is completed.
- Pressing the Shift key on the keyboard while drawing will turn off the snapping to 45° or 90° angles so any angle may be drawn. Release the Shift key to resume snapping to 45° or 90° angles.
- Use the Close Room tool to draw the final wall of the room.
Please sign in to leave a comment.