The Polygon tool is used to draw non-rectangular rooms on the floor plan. Clicking on the tool icon selects the Polygon tool. Clicking on the down arrow to the right of the icon gives you the option for the Extended Polygon tool.
Use this tool to draw any non-rectangular rooms or polygons.
- Click the left mouse button to start the drawing and move your mouse in the direction you need to create the first wall for the room. Both the length/distance as well as the angle are displayed as you drag the cursor.
- Once you reach the end of the first wall, left click again and the leg part of the room is drawn.
- Next, move the cursor to the corner at the end of the next wall, left click again and the leg of that part of the room is drawn.
- Continue this process until the desired room is drawn.
The room will close when you:
- Left click near the original starting point while drawing the last wall.
- Double-click while drawing the last wall.
- Click on the Close Room tool.
Extended Polygon Tool
Use this tool to generate multiple room shapes at once.