Cuts can be selected and moved along the roll plan. This article focuses on the tools and project settings directly related to viewing and editing cut placement on the roll plan.
To view the roll plan:
- From the Drawing Screen select a room with a roll product.
- Next, switch to the Estimate tab in the right side section.
- To expand the roll plan view, tap the Expand button .
Roll plan Screen (Click to enlarge.)
Tip: After each change made the roll plan will reallocate automatically.
Tools for Working within the Roll Plan
|Expand or shrink the roll plan. When the plan is expanded a set of roll specific tools become available.|
When in the expanded view of the roll plan, use this button to change the roll orientation to be either vertical or horizontal.
When in the expanded view of the roll plan, use this button to toggle between viewing cut groups as a single column or in multiple columns.
Recalculate and optimize cut placement. Note: If you have made any custom cut placements these may be lost when this action is performed.
The cut group Splitter tool allows you to separate cuts into additional cut groups.
|Apply extra waste using this tool. Calculate it by percentage or fixed amount.|
Project Settings Related to Cuts
The Project Settings screen can been reached by tapping the settings icon, , on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Cut Labels
- Choose to label cuts by number or by letter.
- Roll Width
- Select 'usable' or 'display' to use either the full width of a roll or the usable amount.
- Cut Increment
- Round each cut up so that its total length is evenly divisible by the amount entered in this field.
- Maximum Cut Group Length
- Set the limit for cut group length.
- When auto-compress is turned on, Measure will compress cuts on the roll each time a cut is moved.
- When auto-compress is turned off, cuts can be placed freely.
Cut type indicates how and where the cut gap is applied.
- All Sides
- Will insert a space around each side of a cut.
- Will add a space the end of each cut as well as each cut group.
- Will add a space at the end of each cut group.